Making Aspirations Possible
Marine Academy Primary is a National Support School and Siobhan Meredith, Headteacher, is a National Leader of Education.
National Leaders of Education (NLEs) are outstanding Headteachers who, together with the staff in their schools, known as National Support Schools (NSS), use their skills and experience to support schools in challenging circumstances.
Marine Academy Primary has a very successful record of working with other schools, Headteachers, groups of teachers and individuals to improve teaching and learning, pupil attainment and progress. In addition to leading within our own school, our leaders work to build the leadership capacity of other schools to help raise standards across the country.
Marine Academy Primary works closely with the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance (DTSA) and Exeter Consortium. They are also working towards becoming a Teaching School themselves, they were successful in securing an Aspiring Teaching School Grant from the Department for Education. There are a number of staff members who have been designated as system leaders and are able to provide support to other schools, these include:
- Siobhan Meredith - National Leader of Education (NLE) and Pupil Premium Reviewer
- Claire Jones – Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) for Phonics and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Georgina Brunning – Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) for Science and Maths
- Annette Codner – Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) for Physical Education
- Nicola Keeler - Pupil Premium Reviewer
- Kingsley Clennel-White – Dartmoor Leader of Education (DLE) for Music
Schools seeking advice or support, guidance or help of any kind can contact Katie Cole, Administrator to the Leadership Team, for an informal discussion via the school office or by emailing email@example.com