Are you eligible to claim Free School Meals for your child(ren)?
To qualify for Free School Meals, the parent or guardian of the child should be in receipt of one the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers' Allowance (Income-based)(JSAIB)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an annual income of (as shown on your award letter from the Inland Revenue) no more than £16,190.
- The Guarantee element of Pension Credit (GPC)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA)
Please note - people receiving Working Tax Credit (WTC) cannot apply for Free School Meals
As someone else is preparing the meals for your child, it saves you having to worry about the effort and expense of making packed lunches everyday. You may also be entitled to further benefits saving you even more money!
To make sure your child does not miss out on their entitlement to eat, please contact:
Kerry Jones, email address: email@example.com
If you have any queries, please contact the academy, 01752 213939. We hold copies of the application form and we are happy to provide confidential assistance in claiming this benefit.
Details of children who claim Free School meals are also kept completely confidential by the Local Authority.
Below are the menus for the month: