Marine Academy Football Club
Please find below details of all the competing MAP sides for this season.
For a trial or team information please contact the sports complex on 213951 or email Darren.Stewart@marineacademy.org.uk. Follow us on twitter @mapfootball
Marine Academy FC has built up the reputation as ‘the club to beat’ if you want to win honours in the DJM leagues. The club has won a staggering 150 honours in 16 seasons in the DJM leagues and countless county honours in the Devon Cups.
The club was awarded the SW charter standard club of the year for 2013 for its structure off the pitch and opportunities on it and have since been awarded community club status from the FA one of the few Devon clubs to achieve this status.
The coaches are committed to continued professional development and the players thrive off the professionalism of all the sessions and matches they partake in.
Our mission statement at MAP is to provide players the opportunities to be the best they can be through a structured coaching approach, top class facilities for playing and training, sponsorship packages to provide kits, training kits and jackets and most importantly a safe fun environment for them to enjoy their football at the Academy.
Last season again saw countless awards cups, titles and county honours for the sides and individual honours with DJM player of the year awards and representitive appearances for Plymouth Schools,Devon under 16s/18s and DJM rep side.
Please see below this season’s teams training times at the Marine Academy for season 2013/14 for competing sides. For information on ages 4-6 please refer to community football page.
Marine Academy Juniors Football Club
- MAP Juniors under 6s Saturday 11:15 -12:30am
- MAP Juniors under 7s Saturday 10:15-11:30
- MAP Juniors under 8s Saturday 09:15-10:30
- MAP Juniors under 9s Tuesdays 6-7pm
- MAP Juniors under 10s Tuesdays 5-7pm
- MAP Juniors under 11s Mondays 7-8pm
- MAP Juniors under 12s Tuesdays 7-8pm
- MAP Juniors under 14s Wednesdays 7-8pm
- MAP Juniors under 15s Mondays 8-9pm
- MAP Juniors under 16s Thursdays 7-8pm
- MAP Juniors under 18s Fridays 7:30-08:30pm
- MAP Juniors girls under 10s Mondays 6-7pm
- MAP Juniors girls under 12s Mondays 6-7pm
The Kings were formed five seasons ago, to cater for the large numbers of players progressing through the soccer school to complement the Juniors. The MAP Kings are a force in their own right and provide a fantastic community resource alongside the Juniors to enable a large number of youngsters to play football .The Kings have adopted the same playing and training kit with the support of the Academy to convey its professional image.
Last season the Kings had a successful season again with league and cup honours in a variety of age groups.
This season’s training times at Marine Academy are listed below;
- MAP Kings Under 10s Tuesdays 5-6pm
- MAP Kings Under 11s Wednesdays 5-6pm
- MAP Kings Under 12s thursdays 7-8pm
- MAP Kings Under 13s Wednesdays 6-7pm
- MAP Kings under 15s Thursdays 8-9pm
- MAP Kings under 16s Mondays 8-9pm
- MAP Kings under 18s Fridays 07:30-08:30pm
Marine Academy Plymouth Ladies
MAP Ladies, currently in their fourth season, are competing in the South West Women’s’ Division 1 league. MAP Ladies are the second highest competing team within Plymouth behind that of Plymouth Argyle Ladies FC.
The squad is aiming to gain league and cup success this season promoting itself into the South West Premier Division.
Players that are interested in joining must be 16 or older and are very welcome, for more information contact the sports complex on 01752 213951 or Alan Thomas on 07974842603
- MAP Ladies Tuesdays 8-9pm
(For info on MAP Girls under 10s,12,14s please refer to MAP Juniors)
Festival of Football
Each year we hold a Festival of Football for ages 7-14 at a variety of formats in May/June. To enquire regarding the 2017 competition please contact the sports complex.
Junes 17th & 18th for ages under 7's - Under 12's.